The GIEE CPSP training program is a comprehensive training experience over 12 weeks (70 hrs) to equip you to become a specialist in photovoltaic industry.
The program includes classroom learning (online-live/onsite), tutorials and hands-on training taught by experienced instructors and seasoned solar energy professionals (professors & Engineers) who are committed to starting a rewarding career in the high-growth solar energy industry.
The program provides comprehensive knowledge and practical applications of photovoltaic system operations, including installation, design, inspection, maintenance, financing and business aspects of managing a PV project.
If you are looking to increase your marketability in the solar industry or want to make a career change into this exciting growth industry, the knowledge you will gain in the CPSP program will be the strong foundation for your future growth.
- Understand photovoltaic systems design & installation.
- Be familiar with electric power calculations.
- Ability of using software and programs to help engineers in the design and installation of PV systems.
- To raise the professional standards of those engaged in photovoltaic systems.
- Improve the practice of photovoltaic systems.
- PV Markets and Applications
- Electricity Basics
- Solar Energy Fundamentals
- PV Module Fundamentals
- System Components
- PV System Sizing
- PV System Electrical Design
- PV System Mechanical Design
- Electrical & Mechanical Integration
- Permit and Inspection
- Performance Analysis and Troubleshooting
- PV Panel Installation (Hands-on)
- Solar System Design (Hands-on)
- Auto-CAD Design for PV Applications
- Maintenance & Trouble Shooting
- Financing a PV Project
- Power Purchase Agreement
- PV Project Management
- Software & Programs
- Electric & Construction Safety
All applicants should take the following courses before they can take the qualifying exam:
- Introduction into Solar Power Systems (EE200). (20hrs)
- Advanced Solar Power Systems I (EE201). (20hrs)
- Photovoltaic System Lab (EE203). (20hrs)
- OSHA Construction Safety Training (OSHA10). (10hrs)
Total Program's Hours: 70 hours.
After successfully finishing the above courses, the applicant should take the program exam.
Applicants to the program or the exam should hold at least 2-years degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or any related area with acceptable quality of college work from an accredited college or university. All candidates for CPSP certification are required to take a written, open-book examination.
Admission to the program is contingent upon successful completion of a 2-years degree. To apply for the program you will need to complete and submit an online application. An official transcript indicating that the degree has been or will soon be awarded must be sent with the application.
Contact us to get additional information about the program and any additional requirements, standards or deadlines.
You should send us the following:
- An official transcript of your grades from the school (university) you attended. The transcript should list all grade points earned and academic work completed.
- An official certificate form the university you attended shows the graduation date.
*You have to be a GIEE member before you can register for the program. Please register now for free!
How to Apply for CPSP Certification:
Step 1: Complete Your CPSP Program Application
All CPSP candidates must complete online CPSP Certification Application. Visit the link below to complete and submit your application.
Step 2: Make the Payment
After accepting your application, you will receive an email from us with the details and link to pay the fees.
Step 3: Take all Required courses
You must finish successfully all required courses before you can take the certification written exam.
Step 4: Take the Certification Written Exam
After finish successfully all required courses, then you must take the exam and get at least a grade of 80%. Here is the link of the registration form: https://www.giee.org/cpsp-exam-registration/
Step 5: Scoring and reporting
CPSP exam results are generally released 4-8 weeks after the exam. You will be notified of your exam results online through your GIEE account and via email.
Step 6: Receive the Certification Materials
You will receive form the institute a package contains all certifications and grade of the courses and a certification of the program in addition to other materials. You will be added to the GIEE certified professionals/engineers directory on the website.
What Certified Professionals/Engineers Receive Upon Becoming GIEE Certified
Each GIEE Certified Solar Electrical Engineer will receive:
- Photo identification badge with certification identification number.
- Certificate for each certification earned
- Certificate and transcript for each certified course.
- 50 Personal business cards has CPSP mark.
- Access to a digital version of the CPSP mark logo.
Becoming GIEE Certified Photovoltaic Systems Professional will enable you to work as (but not limited):
- Photovoltaic Design Professional /Engineer.
- Solar Design Professional / Engineer.
- PV Installation & Design Professional / Engineer.
- Project Professional / Engineer - Solar.
- Solar Array Test Data Engineer.
- PV Systems Installer.
- PV Systems Inspector.
- PV Systems Project Manager.
4 courses: $1,350 ($1515 Value; $165 saving)
Exam Fee: $400
Certification Application Fees: $250
Total Program fees: $2,000USD
**Different Rates Apply For Private Training.
Renewing Your Certification
All Certified Professionals are required to renew their certification every three years. Your certification will be renewed upon passing the certification exam and finishing 20 continuing education hours..
Renew & Exam Fees: $400
For Additional Information About CPSP Certification please contact us:
The Global Institute of Electrical Engineering | GIEE
Bridgeport , CT 06604 USA
or you can email us at: email@example.com