The EE201 intensive training course is designed to help individuals understand advanced topics of photovoltaic systems. It covers a wide range of topics, including: site analysis, system sizing, array configuration, and performance estimation; electrical design characteristics such as wiring, overcurrent protection and grounding; a detailed look at module, charge controller, battery and inverter specifications and characteristics; mounting methods for various roof structures and groundmounts; troubleshooting and maintenance; using software & programs to design PV systems; and an introduction to safely and effectively commissioning PV systems.
o Understand every component of PV system in details.
o Perform some calculations related to PV system.
o Build projects using software and programs.
o Ability to design full PV systems (Electrical & Mechanical).
o Ability to test and check PV systems.
o Ability to solve troubles in PV systems.
Pre-Requisites by Topic
o Fundamentals of PV systems
Computer Usage: Online tables and solar system design & simulation software (Sketchup, PVsyst, HelioScope, PV*SOL, etc.)
1. Introduction 1 Hours
2. Manual and Automatic Solar Tracking Systems 1 Hours
3. Components of PV Systems- Advanced 6 Hours
o Power Inverters
o Charge Controllers
o Over-Current Protection Devices
o Disconnect Switches
o Combiner/Junction Box
o Conduit and Raceways
o Grounding (Earthing)
o Ground Fault Protection Devices
o Surge Arrestors/ Suppressor
o Block Diode
4. PV Systems Grounding 1 Hour
5. Shading Effect 0.5 Hour
6. Temperature Effect Calculations 0.5 Hour
7. Mechanical design, supports, constraints 1.5 Hours
8. Inspection & Monitoring 1.5 Hours
oInspected & Approved, Why??
oStatus of C/C
oStatus of system
oHow much is the load power (W)?
oDaily Usage Time of loads
oPeak load & Total load
9. Troubleshooting and Maintenance 1 Hour
10. Standards & Codes (NEC, IEEE, ANSI, UL) 1 Hour
11. Safety & PV Installation 1 Hour
12. Using Software & Programs 1.5 Hours
13. Full PV Systems Project 1.5 Hours
14. Review & Other Topics 1 Hour
Assignment of course grade:
The grade will be based on the weighted index as shown below.
Homework . . . . . . . . . 15 %
Quizzes . . . . . . . . . . . . 15 %
Project .. . . . . . . . . . . . 15 %
Final Exam . . . . . . . . . 55 %
* 3 quizzes + 3 Assignments+ 1 project + 1 final exam
Course Pass Grade: 80%
Tuition: $700 USD